my little slice of heaven

my little slice of heaven
My little slice of heaven, click image to see more

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Armchair Traveler; Marrakesh

My wife has one of those jobs that people envy, myself included. In her role as Chief Merchandising and Design Officer for Anthropologie, she gets to travel to some of the most interesting and beautiful places on earth. Thrown into the deal is the fact that she travels with an amazing assortment of creative  people, which makes these experiences all the richer. I've been fortunate to join her on several wonderful adventures over the years, but for the most part, I'm responsible for our domestic operations. 
She is currently on a jaunt through Turkey, Morocco and the south of France. Tomorrow she leaves Istanbul for Marrakesh, and she's been checking out this amazing B&B, Peacock Pavilions, run by American  expats, hopefully the Anthro gang will be staying here;







Via My Marrakesh
And Maryam of Morocco has got a new book, Marrakesh By Design to boot, available at Amazon




4 comments:

  1. MC....great post. We have a couple of things in common....I have two "jacks", and your Paris place looks an awful lot like mine...k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks for the feedback, I'm new to this blogging thing, so any response is kind of thrilling. I've 'followed' you on blogger. Looking forward to exploring PAC...
      -Chris

      Delete
  2. What fantastic places there are! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:
    We do have to agree that your wife's work does sound to be an enticing mixture of exciting, new experiences combined with travel and meeting the most interesting and creative people. Such fun.

    We have long wished to visit North Africa for there is, we believe, so much to see and the cultural differences are very appealing. The images which you post here are most attractive.

    We have discovered your most eclectic and beautifully presented blog through your being a Follower of our dear friend Paul's blog [Paul Gervais de Bédée]. We have signed ourselves as your latest Followers and will look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete